Shrink plastic and oil-based marker
I can never get shrink plastic to turn out nicely.
O the many problems that doth plague thy plastic:
- uneven shrinkage (this bugs me to no end)
- discoloration (my frosted plastic has yellowed)
- bleeding ink (I use an oil-based marker)
For some reason, this piece also happens to be slightly pock-marked. Being the smart-ass I am, I tried to apply some top coat to it to try and smooth out the surface. Bad Idea. Ink bled like crazy and the whole piece acquired its depressingly dull gray hue which I can no longer wipe off.
Like any doting mother, I still love this piece. Pock-marked and off color it may be, but I still think it is adorable and would probably wear it out. (At least until people start calling me out on it.. like "what is that thing?" then I'll just keep it in my pocket) Even though I've never had success with it, I'm half tempted to get the glow-in-the-dark plastic just because I am slightly in love with anything that glows-in-the-dark.

No comments:
Post a Comment