After 1.5 weeks in my house, all the blooms on my plant have died. Most of the new buds browned before they had even gotten close to full size. :( Truly have brown thumbs here.
I was forced to trim off all the droopy heads. It is rather crushing having to snip off all those tired blooms, but also rather liberating given that this is expected practice. I feel vaguely like Edward Scissorhands going at a topiary, but without the finesse. Partially because trimming is slightly addictive, and partly because I really want the plant to pull through and be all pretty and healthy (and symmetrical), I keep turning the pot around looking for extra leaves and tight spots to trim.
The plant as of yesterday afternoon. Here is the plant a couple of days after purchase. Today, most of these flowers have also been removed, having deteriorated. It is a sad day. Please pull through plant!


No comments:
Post a Comment