17 July 2010
Framed
Finally got this paper-cut out of its plastic packet. :) A nice, cheap $2 frame from Daiso fit it perfectly!
This is the first piece of framed art/craft I own and it is such a great feeling holding it in my hands and looking around the house for somewhere to hang it. In fact, it is the only framed anything I own (except for one time in secondary school when I stuck my timetable in a photo frame).
While I understand the visual logic behind framing things (pictures, face, views, etc) in principle, I still find it amazing how this most simple frame can transform and lend a sense of tangible weight, of being, of thing-ness to the thing inside. Such a simple gesture can completely change its physical reality.
I think this must be the best part of having things framed up - it really changes your perception of your things, things you might have had sitting around in front of you for forever. Like this paper-cut. Which I'm glad is no longer part of the clutter on my desk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment